Senior Risk Manager
Are you able to take ownership, drive initiatives and interested in helping us taking our Risk Department to the next level?
What are you going to do?
The Corporate Risk team at RNHB consists of three people. The team focusses on financial risks and non- financial risks. Your focus will be on analyzing financial risks, come to clear conclusions and advising on next steps. At times you lead cross- functional projects and drive change.
As a Senior Risk Manager your skills and knowledge of Real Estate, credit risk, arrears management and analytics are developed to a very high level. The expectation is for the successful candidate to be able to deliver and present detailed analytics of the relevant business functions for consumption at the Board and the Risk Committee level. You will be an expert and advisor with an in dept and broad expertise in risk management.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Produce and provide analysis of risks, including meaningful commentary addressing risks and risk mitigation.
- Solves unique and complex risk problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Identification of risks (including emerging risks through horizon scanning and market analysis) and proposing steps to manage and mitigate these, reporting as appropriate.
- Designing Risk reports and dashboards.
- Embed portfolio management in the daily operations and produce scenario analysis.
- Leveraging on input of others by adding own insight and experience, delivering a pointed narrative for the board and risk committee.
- Leads projects with broad visibility to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues;
- Recommending improvements for process, product and/or services;
- Liaise with Special Asset Management and Finance & Control for running the IFRS9 process and effective arrears management.
- Own, evaluate and improve policies on credit risk, liquidity, credit loss provisioning and valuation.
What do you bring to the table?
To be successful a good business understanding and cooperation with (commercial) teams is required. Additionally the position requires a strong analytical mindset and the ability to implement changes and liaise with multiple stakeholders. You are able to functionally lead data analyst(s) to ensure the translation of data into business and risk insights and recommendations. Master degree and minimum of 7 years relevant work experience, preferably in real estate business.
- You obtained a master’s degree;
- You have a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in financial services, consultancy firm, mortgage lending or a real estate business;
- You have experience creating and conveying and presenting reports in risk committees or board meetings;
- You have strong skills in detecting and clarifying risks;
- You a capable of linking your insights of our market to areas within RNHB that need additional attention;
- You have experience with the way online services and fintechs operate;
What do we offer you?
- An ambitious team in an informal and high performing organization that is constantly evolving;
- A friendly atmosphere with colleagues who support each other;
- A workplace at an easily accessible location next to the station of Utrecht (WTC), with an impressive view of the city;
- Good, modern employee benefits, such as unlimited leave;
- Autonomy and support to do your work and to develop yourself;
- A RNHB bar with karaoke set, table tennis and table football;
- Good coffee and fresh fruit every day.
Who are we
RNHB is a leading Dutch independent buy-to-let and commercial real estate lending business, with knowledge of the national, regional and local real estate markets. We provide loans for commercial real estate and for residential properties intended for rental or resale. RNHB offers tailor-made solutions for the middle segment of the real estate market and has both know-how of credit, real estate and construction.
We have the strong ambition to expand our business through organic growth and selective portfolio acquisitions to develop a market leading lending business. RNHB is a longstanding and experienced company with the culture of a start-up. With a solid shareholder base and a good competitive position we have an excellent growth perspective.
We employ around 150 employees, operating from the office in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our work environment is dynamic, pleasant, informal and focused on collaboration. Our organization is in full development and preparing for scaling up our business. RNHB has a distinctive culture: we are agile in our approach to change and innovate!
Wil je reageren?
Do you have any questions regarding this vacancy? Contact Viec Nguyen via firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 06 19 77 94 36.
Are you enthusiastic about this challenge and do you see a fit with your background? Then please respond quickly! Send your resume and motivation letter through this link https://rnhb.inhroffice.com/nl/job/192405/apply. We look forward to your response.
*A screening is part of the onboarding process.
*Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated