Risk Manager Non-Financial
Risk Manager Non-Financial
Are you able to take ownership, drive initiatives and interested in helping us taking our Risk Department to the next level?
What are you going to do?
The Corporate Risk team at RNHB consists of four people. In addition to the manager Corporate Risk management, there is one risk manager which focuses primarily on the financial risks and the other on the non-financial risks. For this last function we now have a vacancy. In addition, there is a reporting analyst who takes care of the management reporting and analysis.
As a risk manager non-financial you will be analyzing information and convert it into an action or advice. By doing this you are a professional sparring partner for the teams within RNHB and get results by collaboration, co-thinking and maintaining an overview. Your colleagues expect you to be an expert in the areas of risk.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Drafting and monitoring of the Business Control framework, Risk Appetite Statement and Risk Management Policies;
- Responsible for providing oversight on controls over the Risk environment of RNHB;
- Carrying out and supporting monthly sampling on the main risks;
- Ensuring that business including IT has the right controls and procedures in place to operate effectively;
- Ensuring that risks and issues are captured and mitigated or that risks are accepted by the business, including IT and MT members;
- Support and advise on (by) developing risk processes;
- Monthly drafting the ERM report plus advices to Risk Committee (including incident reporting);
- Secretary of the monthly Risk Committee.
What do you bring to the table?
You are an experienced risk manager who is convinced that working closely with other departments like Marketing, Sales and IT is of great importance to achieve your goals. This means that you understand their expertise and interests and are able to advice pragmatically on complex issues. You are able to drive a clear agenda and possess the ability to align shared interests, build constructive business relationships and steer on timely and accurate risk solutions. By doing this you will create support for your work. As a Risk Manager you are able to act and think independently and are highly persistent. Last but not least, you are pragmatic and result driven.
- You obtained a master’s degree;
- You have a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in financial services, consultancy firm or mortgage lending;
- You have experience creating and motivating reports in risk committees and board meetings;
- You have strong skills in detecting and clarifying operational risks;
- You a capable of linking your insights of our market to areas within RNHB that need additional attention;
- You have experience with the way online services and fintechs operate;
- You are familiar with internal audit processes.
What do we offer you?
- An ambitious team in an informal and non-hierarchal organization that is constantly evolving;
- A friendly atmosphere with colleagues who support each other;
- A workplace at an easily accessible location next to the station of Utrecht (WTC), with an impressive view of the city;
- Good, modern employee benefits, such as unlimited leave;
- Autonomy and support to do your work and to develop yourself;
- A RNHB bar with karaoke set, table tennis and table football;
- Good coffee and fresh fruit every day.
Who are we?
RNHB is a leading Dutch independent buy-to-let and commercial real estate lending business, with knowledge of the national, regional and local real estate markets. We provide loans for commercial real estate and for residential properties intended for rental or resale. RNHB offers tailor-made solutions for the middle segment of the real estate market and has both know-how of credit, real estate and construction.
We have the strong ambition to expand our business through organic growth and selective portfolio acquisitions to develop a market leading lending business. RNHB is a longstanding and experienced company with the culture of a start-up. With a solid shareholder base and a good competitive position we have an excellent growth perspective.
We employ around 100 employees, operating from the office in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our work environment is dynamic, pleasant, informal and focused on collaboration. Our organization is in full development and preparing for scaling up our business. RNHB has a distinctive culture: we are agile in our approach to change and innovate!
Do you have questions?
Do you have any questions regarding this vacancy? Contact Viec Nguyen via email@example.com, or call 06 19 77 94 36.
Are you enthusiastic about this challenge and do you see a fit with your background? Then please respond quickly! Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your response.
A screening can be part of the onboarding process.